The standard Interaction Flow Modeling Language is designed for expressing the content, user interaction and control behaviour of the front-end of applications belonging to the following domains:
- Traditional, HTML+HTTP based Web applications.
- Rich Internet Applications, as supported by the forthcoming HTML 5 standard.
- Mobile applications.
- Client-server applications.
- Desktop applications.
- Embedded Human Machine Interfaces for control applications.
- Multichannel and context-aware applications.
It’s worth noting that IFML does not cover the modeling of the presentation issues (e.g., layout, stlye and look&feel) of an application front-end and does not cater for the specification of bi-dimensional and tri-dimensional computer based graphics, videogames, and other highly interactive applications.